If you own a double air mattress then you already know how it feels like lying in there. Double air mattresses are much more comfortable to sleep on due the extra comfort they provide since they are softer and thicker as compared to there mattresses. There are three most common uses of air mattress. A lot of people store them and only set them up when they have guests, permanent use in place of a conventional mattress and for camping trips.
A lot of designs are available in the market but all of them fall under one of these categories. These mattresses come in two heights and although the traditional ones were meant to sit low to the ground, the latest version of these mattresses comes with Modern styles that include a raised bed.
If you intend to keep your air mattress for an extended period, below are some tips that will help extend its lifespan;
- The number one rule and the most important of them all is don’t over inflate it. Too much of something is poison or so they say. Over inflating will result in broken seams which will translate to poor air retention. A lot of people are of the notion that a double air mattress is too thick and has no limit! Well it does.
- If you are looking for firmness, you just need to fill it will the correct amount of air and seal it. You can do this in bits as you lie on it to feel the exact firmness you desire. If the mattress appears unusually shiny, then it means there is excess air and you need to release some of it.
- It is wise to place a blockade ideally a firm mat or a wooden object in-between the bed and the floor. This will ensure your double air mattress is safe from sharp and hard objects that may puncture it. One such object is the razor grass which can easily damage your mattress.
- Another important point to consider is placing a tarp on the mattress prior to laying on it. This is a good practice especially if you intend to use a sleeping bag. Remember, if the double air mattress is exposed, it is at a risk of being punctured by the sharp and rough edges of the sleeping bag.
- Regularly clean you mattress with a damp cloth. You can do a quick clean up by simply tapping the sides and the back of the mattress. A more detailed clean up will involve using a piece of cloth with soapy. Ensure the bed is completely dry before placing any bedding on it.
The above tips are easy to tackle and they will come along way in helping you maintain your double air mattress. This will help you save some money since you will not need to buy a new one very often.